Backend Engineer, Playback
The Playback team’s mission is to make the best online viewing experience in existence. Cool. Come help us do it.
What you'll do:
Within the first 30 days you’ll have a clear understanding our platform architecture.
By the end of 6 months you will have made contributions to the codebase that help optimize our infrastructure. Tasks such as improving CDN selection logic, moving services to the cloud, and improving visibility into playback performance.
Day to day you’ll maintain and and create new services between both the cloud and datacenter environments. You’ll work closely with the transcoding team, data team, and external CDN vendors.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- General DevOps skills including server provisioning, containerization, and system maintenance
- Strong knowledge of at least one cloud provider (GCS preferred)
- Solid understanding of CDN architectures
- 2+ years’ experience coding in Go. Python also good, but Go preferred
- Strong foundation with Linux internals
- Deep understanding with benchmarking and profiling
- Well-versed in object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Programming experience in C
- Strong portfolio or public code (Github, Bitbucket, etc.)